Tuesday, November 23, 2010

33 life lessons

It's my Birthday tomorrow,
and I'll be turning 33. The age of Christ.

33..., how did I get here?
And where am I going? how much time is left?
Worse of all - how much energy is left?
I will ponder more of this between my ups and downs, 
since I am still in a process of figuring out who I am.

 I'm seating here, thinking about life, sorting out what I have learned,
 fighting to keep my balance, my sanity, and trying to get comfortable on my own skin.



Here is a list of 33 life lessons I have learned - not in school - at the age of 33:
  1. I can love somebody more than anything, but at the same time not love this person all that much if I keep myself busy with other things.
  2. Time REALLY heals all the wounds.
  3. Motivation comes in short bursts.
  4. People deserve a second chance, but not a third.
  5. Bad things do happen to good people.
  6. Love has nothing to do with looks, but everything to do with time, trust and compatibility.
  7. It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary.
  8. Positive Thinking!!!
  9. Prayer REALLY makes that difference.
  10.  There is no 'someday'. There’s only now.
  11.  Stress is toxic and it can lead to serious health problems.
  12. I deserve happiness, love, peace and joy.
  13. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
  14. Whatever doesn't kill me really does make me stronger.
  15. However bad a situation is, this too shall pass.
  16. Miracles are waiting to happen.
  17. A deep breath calms the mind.
  18.  Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
  19. If there is a problem, there is a solution.
  20. I am today what I did yesterday. 
  21. Every week is filled with trials and tribulations; absolutely normal.
  22. Every time I think I’ve seen it all, I get schooled out.
  23. It's better to be weird than boring.
  24. Everyday is an opportunity for growth.
  25. There’s no place like home.
  26. Being in the right place at the right time can make a huge difference.
  27. My word is my most valuable asset.
  28. My family should always be my priority.
  29. If I want to get richer, I need to start getting earlier.
  30. Karma REALLY is a b*tch.
  31. I am what I eat. (and drink!)
  32. Consistency is the key to achieving personal pursuits.
  33. Life is About People, I can’t succeed on my own.