Monday, November 1, 2010

Why am I leaving NYC?


I hate to admit it, but what I really am, is a 'suburbs type of gal'.
I love having the big house, - and the big hair -, a huge walk-in closet,
a DISHWASHER (believe me, I really care that much!), a garage (with a car in it),
a laundry room, central air conditioner and a sweet swimming pool in my backyard!
Oh, did I mention a beautiful beach across the street?

Yes, I miss all of that, and I realized that I can manage to visit NYC on a regular basis,
living on harmony and having a bit of both worlds.

It's been 2 and a half amazing years in NYC,
where I've learned a lot about life, was truly exposed to the real world and did my part as a big girl.
But the city really makes me feel overwhelmed,
I have to start following my heart
 and go someplace where I can settle. Hopefully, for good!

I'm gone! 
Went to be happy but will be back for a visit!  ;-)








All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.
But the dawn is breaking, it's early morning
The taxi is waiting, he is blowing his horn
Already I'm so lonesome, I could dye
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you wait for me. Hold me like you never let me go
Cause I'm leaving on a jet-plane, I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
There is so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now they don't mean a thing.
Every place I go I think of you
Every song I sing I sing for you.
When I come back I wear your wedding-ring
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you wait for me. Hold me like you never let me go
Cause I'm leaving on a jet-plane, I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Close your eyes, and I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come, I won't have to leave alone, and I won't have to say:
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you wait for me. Hold me like you never let me go
Cause I'm leaving on a jet-plane, I don't know when I'll be back again.
Oh babe, I hate to go.