Saturday, October 30, 2010

Closet shame



One of those things I’ve always struggled with is my closet. 
With so much packed in there, and considering my habit of changing outfits about twice a day, 
it has always been a disaster area.
Ever since I decided to move back to FL, I’ve been living out of intimidating piles.
All of my hats, purses and scarves have been scattered around my bedroom,
foyer and living room.

Last night I finally pulled my sleeves up and organized my closets.
I moved everything onto the bed and separated the items that need a visit to the tailor.
My favorite pieces are back in the closet, in the most accessible location, 
sorted into categories (office pants, jeans, dresses) and colors.
All sweaters are buttoned, neatly folded, and stacked inside the drawers.

 I’ve also created an 'idea board'. 
I hung a magnetic board behind my bedroom door and every time I see an outfit I love in a magazine, I rip it out and put it on the board. I can easily create similar outfits with items I already own, and I can visualize new ideas when I can’t decide what to wear.

I hope it makes a big difference (long term) on how I dress!
Plus, a neatly organized closet means that I will lose less time finding an outfit every morning.